Making overnight oats is a healthier way to eat oatmeal.
- Place all ingredients into a large glass container and mix until combined.
- Cover the glass container with a lid or a wrap. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Toppings can be added the night before or immediately before serving.
- Uncover and enjoy from the glass container the next day. Thin with a little more milk or water, if desired.
Storage: Overnight oats can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. This makes it an ideal breakfast meal prep to make on Sunday night for the week.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
- Make it vegan: Use plant-based milk, plant-based yogurt, and maple syrup for sweetener
- Make it gluten-free: Use certified gluten-free oats
- Make it sugar-free: Omit the sweetener all together or used mashed or pureed fruit in the base recipe